The Vegas™ Pro 12 collection is an integrated, forward-thinking production environment for professional video editing, audio mixing, and DVD/Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. With broad format support, robust OpenFX plug-in architecture, and time-saving workflow innovations, Vegas Pro 12 makes it easy to deliver your message and express your artistic vision.
Vegas Pro 11 system requirements
• Microsoft® Windows Vista® 32-bit or 64-bit SP2, or Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit
• 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
• 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
• USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
• Windows-compatible sound card
• DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
• Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
• Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
• Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
• Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (included on application disc)
• Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
• Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
• Supported NVIDIA or ATI cards for GPU-acceleration (please see the GPU acceleration page for more information)
Notable fixes/changes in version 12.0 (Build 563 )
- Added support for exporting nested Vegas Pro projects as compound clips when exporting to Final Cut Pro X format.
- Added support for importing compound clips as nested Vegas Pro projects when importing from Final Cut Pro X format.
When importing a Final Cut Pro X project, a Vegas project is created for the main project using the same base name as the .fcpxml file, and separate nested Vegas projects are created for each compound clip and for each clip that contains an audio and a video stream.
- Added Anchor point setting to the Titles & Text plug-in. Text now scales relative to the anchor point, which does not move.
- Added support for reading and rendering up to 16 channels of audio in HD MXF files.
- Added support for reading Sony XAVC files. You can use the Device Explorer window to browse and import clips from XAVC disc images.
- Added support for timecode in P2 MXF files. If you’re using a project that was created in version 12.0 (build 394) or earlier, please update P2 clip timecode as follows:
- If you imported the clip from a disc image, right-click the clip in the Project Media window, chooseReplace, and then select the clip from the disc image.
- If you imported the clip using the Vegas Device Explorer, delete the .mxf file from the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Imported Media\ folder and reimport the clip using the Device Explorer.
- The Documents library and custom libraries from Windows Explorer are now available in the Vegas Pro Explorer.
- File Open dialogs have been updated to allow you to browse and open files from mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Sony Stabilize plug-in from working when 32-bit floating point (video levels) or 32-bit floating point (full range) was selected in the Pixel format drop-down list in the Project Properties dialog.
- Improved performance when using audio preview through SDI video preview devices.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Sony Stabilize plug-in from being applied during playback.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas Pro to crash when loading some projects.
- Fixed a bug that could reset event effect automation envelopes when splitting events.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some fonts from previewing correctly when using the Titles & Text plug-in.
- Fixed a bug that could start a different version of Vegas Pro when right-clicking a nested project and choosing Edit in Vegas from the shortcut menu when multiple versions of Vegas Pro are installed.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the incorrect images to be displayed for selected Mute and Solo buttons in the Assignable FX dialog.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Plug-In Chooser from closing when Esc is pressed.
- Fixed a bug that could cause all HDCAM SR templates to be marked as favorites in the Render As dialog when selecting a single template as a favorite.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the "None of the files dropped on Vegas Pro could be opened" error message to be displayed incorrectly in the Vegas Explorer.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when using the FBmn Software White Balance plug-in.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Stereoscopic 3D Camera settings to be displayed in the Track Motion window when working with 2D projects.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Use audio-capable preview device during external video previewsetting from being saved when exiting Vegas (Preferences > Audio Device).
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas Pro to hang when rendering MVC video for a Blu-ray Disc.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas Pro to hang when dragging a .mov file from the Vegas Explorer to the timeline if QuickTime was not installed.
- Fixed a bug that could — in some circumstances — prevent the application from starting after registering.
- Fixed a bug that could cause image sequences to have black frames in Video Preview and rendered output after zooming in with the Event Pan/Crop plug-in and time compressing.
- Fixed a bug that could cause P2 MXF video to be opened without its associated audio streams.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the application from being uninstalled properly.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the application from entering expanded edit mode when pressing 5 on the numeric keypad.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the first frame of an MVC file to appear briefly at the end when previewing the file from the Explorer window.
- Fixed a bug that could cause XDCAM clips to have an incorrect timecode.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Video Preview window to flash when starting playback.
- Fixed a bug that could cause doubled audio to be recorded after changing a track's input monitoring mode.
- Fixed a bug that prevented regions being dragged from the Explorer window to the timeline.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to freeze when changing the capture device in the Capture Preferences dialog.
- Fixed a bug where the timeline did not show only the current edit track (at the default track height) when entering expanded edit mode for some screen resolutions and for user-modified track heights.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the current edit track height to decrease after exiting and then re-entering expanded edit mode.
- Fixed a bug that could cause application extension windows to be hidden after loading an extension.
Home Page -