Change Windows XP
Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 without Installation
Hi to all. Here I am going to share a method to change windows xp service pack 2 to service pack 3 within just a minute.
We all must have come across a situation when we would be requiringservice Pack 3 to run some applications or due to some other reason but we may be running Service pack 2. I have also come across this situation and then I googled it and found a very simple solution to this problem. so Here I am sharing this trick with you all.
- First go to run by clicking on the start menu or simply pressing Windows + R button on Keyboard.
- Now type regedit in the run box and hit enter.
- Make a backup of your registry (just in case)
- Browse to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Control\ Windows”
- Modify the value of “CSDVersion” from “0×00000200″ (SP2) to theWindows XP SP3 value of “0×00000300″
- Now close the Registry editor window and Reboot/Restart yourcomputer.
- After restarting your PC PC properties , It will be showingWindows XP service Pack 3.
Now I will explain you what we did now…
When we changed the value of CSD Version from 200 to 300. It makes the OS think that it is Service Pack 3. And thus if you install any program requiringWindows XP service Pack 3 and up then that program will also think that it isWindows XP 3. So now you know how to change Windows XP service pack 2 to service pack 3 So use this trick to fool Windows and enjoy....