Deep Freeze instantly protects and preserves baseline computer configurations. No matter what changes a user makes to a workstation, simply restart to eradicate all changes and reset the computer to its original state – right down to the last byte. Expensive computer assets are kept running at 100% capacity and technical support time is reduced or eliminated completely.
The result is consistent trouble-free computing on a truly protected and parallel network, completely free of harmful viruses and unwanted programs. While Deep Freeze provides bulletproof protection, its non-restrictive approach also improves user productivity and satisfaction. Placing no restrictions on a user’s ability to access all system resources, users avoid the frustration of downtime due to software conflicts, operating system corruption, virus attacks, and many other problems. Users are always assured of computers that are consistently operable and available.
Deep Freeze is the only solution that effectively balances workstation security with user productivity. By mapping user and application data to a Thawed (unprotected) partition or drive, users are able to store their documents, pictures, music, etc., while still enjoying the total system consistency that Deep Freeze offers.
Deep Freeze offers flexible scheduling options that enable IT administrators to easily create automated update and maintenance periods. Schedule Deep Freeze to allow system and virus definition updates to occur from predefined times—either with the Deep Freeze Enterprise Console or using your preferred third-party desktop management solution.
The Deep Freeze Enterprise Console allows administrators to install, control, and manage Deep Freeze workstations from a single remote location, and hundreds or thousands of workstations can be protected across a distributed LAN, WAN or over the Internet.
Deep Freeze’s reboot-to-restore concept significantly lowers Total Cost of Ownership for technology assets because of a vast reduction in time and cost spent maintaining and rebuilding machines. Deep Freeze workstations can be easily controlled and configured via the GUI Enterprise Console, and require no maintenance or definition file updates.
Key Features of DeepFreeze Enterprise:
• Guarantees 100% workstation recovery on restart
• Provides password protection and complete security
• Protects multiple hard drives and partitions
• Offers silent install option for rapid network deployment
• Provides option to deploy on multiple workstations as part of a master image
• DFC included in Workstation/Seed installations
Security and Control:
• Encrypt all components with a unique Customization Code
• Preset multiple passwords to be used on a workstation or via the Command Line Control with varying activation and expiration dates
• Generate encrypted One Time or One Day Passwords
• Disable keyboard and mouse during maintenance periods or on demand
• Boot Control window provides ability for immediate reboot
• Create customized installation files using the Configuration Administrator
• Pre-select Frozen Drives and selectively Freeze or Thaw fixed drives
• Schedule automatic Restart/Shutdown times
• Restart computer on Logoff
• Shutdown workstations after a preset length of inactivity
• Schedule Thawed Maintenance periods to perform Windows updates through the Internet or a SUS/WSUS server or Anti-Virus Updates
• Schedule Send Message tasks
• Create a ThawSpace on a workstation that can be used to store programs, save files, or make permanent changes
• Specify the size and file system of the ThawSpace (up to 100GB using NTFS)
• Use Stealth Mode to hide the Deep Freeze system tray icon
• Override ongoing maintenance periods
• Use Deep Freeze Command Line Control Utility (DFC) to manage Deep Freeze deployments remotely via command line interface
• Integrate Deep Freeze protection into any Desktop Management Solution capable of executing command line control
• Manage Deep Freeze protection through deicated plugins for LANDesk® Management Suite or Novell ZENworks
• Create XML-based Deep Freeze Action Files to interact with other programs via the Deep Freeze Console
• Administrators will be able to create, edit, download and share Action Files with other users through Faronics Labs
• Schedule restart, shutdown, Wake-On-LAN, Freeze, Thaw and Thaw Locked tasks dynamically to take place once or on a regular basis
• Scheduled tasks run even when Deep Freeze Console is closed
• Change maintenance and restart/shutdown schedules on the fly
• Power-on workstations using Wake-on-LAN technology
• Use Workstation Seed for workstation communication and installation
• Manage workstations easily with User Defined Groups
• Quickly populate multiple groups or sub-groups with smart automatic filters or import groups from Active Directory
• Update all pre-existing installation files automatically
• Invoke system maintenance on demand with “Thaw Locked” mode
Expanded Network Options:
• Communicate with workstations over a LAN, WAN, or combination
• Create Remote and Multiple Consoles with the Deep Freeze Server Service Manager
• Support for multiple ports for use with Server Service Manager
• Preset passwords with activation and expiration dates
• Instantly send notification messages to workstations
Deep Freeze requires Windows XP/Vista/7 and 10% free hard drive space.
The Deep Freeze Configuration Administrator and the Enterprise Console require Windows XP/Vista/7 to function properly.
The hardware requirements are the same as the recommended requirements for the host operating system.