Comodo Firewall is one of the most powerful and smartest personal firewalls you can ever see. Introduced into the market just in March 2006. Comodo Personal Firewall quickly gained a reputation as a high quality firewall suitable for both home users and corporate networks. It features both inbound and outbound packet filtering in combination with robust outbound application filtering at the network layer.
The new-look interface facilitates quick and easy access to all major settings, including the powerful and highly configurable security rules interface. Comodo’s free Firewall is your first layer of defense against viruses, worms, Trojans, hackers and all Internet threats. Comodo’s Firewall uses Default Deny Protection to prevent threats from occurring, rather than just detecting them when it’s already too late. Whenever an unknown piece of software is introduced to your system, Comodo Firewall cross-references it with a white-list of over 15 million trusted files and applications.
If the file asking for access is on the list, Comodo Firewall can be sure it’s safe for your computer to allow it to execute. If not, Comodo Firewall will alert you that a possibly malicious file is trying to enter your PC. The software also boasts a powerful and vigilant packet filtering firewall that helps you connect to the internet in a secure way while blocking hackers from making incoming connections.
Real time traffic monitoring enables you to react instantly to threats and identify bandwidth bottlenecks. It’s easy to use and features an attractive interface that lets even beginners change settings to their liking. Comodo Firewall comes with automatic updates for the latest in PC protection. Give Comodo Firewall a try to see what it’s really capable of!
• Application Component Authentication – validates all the components of an application before allowing it internet access.
• Application Behavior Analysis – analyzes each application behavior and detects any suspicious activity before allowing internet access.
• Defense against Trojan Protocols – advanced protocol driver level protection
• Smart Alerts – Every alert includes a Security Consideration section with advice to users.
• Windows Security Center Integration – Windows XP SP2 recognizes Comodo Firewall Pro
• Self Protection against Critical Process Termination – cannot be shut down by Trojans, Spyware or viruses.
• PC Security during PC Start Up – includes the option to secure the host while the operating system is booting.
• Automatic Updater – includes an interactive automatic updater component so that users can check for updates any time.
• Error Reporting Interface – includes an XP style bug reporting interface.
• Firewall Logging – reveals all the activities with detailed descriptions of the events.
• Security Rules Interface – combines with an easy to use GUI.
• Application Activity Control – watches each application in detail by showing addresses, ports and amount of traffic.
• Graphical User Interface – enables or disables any part of the firewall with one click
• Application Recognition Database – recognizes over 10000 applications and determines their security risks.
Changes in Comodo Firewall 6.1.276867.2813 :
-Firewall slows down internet connection under some conditions
-Memory leak when firewall blocks the packets
-Antivirus does not detect some packed samples
-Windows XP boots very slowly
-Blank message boxes appear during program updates