QTranslate is a free translator for Windows (Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2008 Server/2003 Server). With this small utility, you simply select the text you want to translate and then press hot key (Ctrl+Q to show translation in the popup window or Double Ctrl click to show the translation in the main window). The program also has the ability to speak text (Ctrl+E) and perform a web search (Ctrl+W). Also, you can open the main window and type text manually.
Note! The program translates a text by using online translation services, so you need an Internet connection.
The current version supports the following translation services:
- Google Translate
- Microsoft Translator
- SDL FreeTranslation.com
- Яндекс перевод
- Show icon (Select text in any program, the program icon will appear near the cursor. Click on the icon, the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear);
- Show translation (Select text in any program and the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear immediately).
- Translate text in any application that supports text selection (Google Chrome, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Acrobat Reader, Skype, IE and etc.);
- Search in online dictionaries;
- Back translation;
- Replace the selected text with its translation;
- Instant translation;
- Spell checking;
- Text to speech synthesis;
- Word suggestion/autocomplete (Ctrl+Space);
- History of translations (Ctrl+H);
- Virtual keyboard;
- Portable version.
New: Ability to select several services for the translation (right mouse click on the service button)
New: Ability to work only in selected applications (Options > Exceptions > choose Enabled for these programs)
New: ABBYY Lingvo dictionary service
New: fanyi.youdao.com translation service (Chinese language)
New: Dictionary article for the Yandex translation service
New: Bulgarian, Czech, Romanian and Serbian languages for the Yandex service
New: Ability to hide the top pane in the main window
New: Improved the dictionary usability
New: Caching of the dictionary results
New: Saving the contents of the main window on exit
Updated: Application icons
Updated: Default hot key for the dictionary is Win+Q
Fixed: Unable to copy text from the popup window using the context menu